MSC (IT & MGMT.), MCTS, MCITP
Independent Application Consultant, Technical SEO Consultant
Bhanuka Gunarathna is a versatile, seasoned information technology specialist, recognized for his excellent analytic, communication, problem-solving and conceptual skills, and his vision and leadership in leveraging technology for strategic and operational advantage. As the leader of a variety of system conversions and technology initiatives, he was recognized as one of the most innovative users of information technology, in various projects. His software implementation strategies were featured in large BPR projects of leading IT and non-IT companies in Sri Lanka for their cutting-edge applications.
With over ten years’ experience in software engineering and managing information systems(MIS), he has participated in start ups, turnarounds, mergers, divestitures, spin-offs and business reorganizations and has held positions at the business unit, group and corporate levels of industry-leading, publicly-traded companies. He has also had responsibility for human resources, total quality management, customer service, administration and operations. After starting his career in information technology, his industry experience has covered manufacturing, distribution, retailing, construction, restaurant, mining, and aviation services. He is now with several businesses that help companies to leverage technology, reduce costs and increase ROI. Bhanuka is currently reside in Melbourne – Victoria.
He has developed and presented number of web applications to academic and corporate institutions, including Sri Lankan airlines-USA, Cargills (Ceylon) PLC, University of Kelaniya.
Education / Certification
- 2011, Master of Science, Information Technology and Management, University of Keele, United Kingdom.
- 2005, Undergraduate, Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT), Open University of Sri Lanka.
Memberships / Affiliations
- Charted Member- Microsoft Certified IT Technology Specialists
- Charted Member- Microsoft Certified IT Professionals
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Information Technology -UK, (MBCS)
- Presidents College, Homagama, Sri Lanka
- Thurstan College, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka
- Ananda College, Colombo 10, Sri Lanka
Passed G.C.E. Ordinary Level Examination- December 1998.
Passed G.C.E. Advanced Level Examination- August 2001.
Professional Qualifications and Achievements
01. Diploma in Computer Hardware Engineering- course which was conducted by Raytronics computers (pvt.) Ltd.
02. Diploma in Computer Hardware Engineering with Networking- course conducted by Turn-key computer studies (pvt.) Ltd.
03. Successfully completed (with a distinction pass) the Diploma in Computer Studies [DICS] course @ IDM affiliated university college (pvt.) Ltd.
04. Diploma in Network Administration-course conducted by Turn-key computer studies (pvt.) Ltd.
05. Successfully completed the CCN (In networking) course conducted by the department of computer science and engineering- University of Moratuwa.
06. Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP). Microsoft ID:- 3737882 Exams:-70-270 .
07. Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS). Microsoft ID:- 3737882 Exams:- 70-620.
08. Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA). Microsoft ID:- 3737882 Exams:- 70-290, 70-291,70-293.
09. Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE). Microsoft ID:- 3737882 Exams:- 70-294, 70-298.
10. Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP). Microsoft ID:- 3737882 Exams:-70-623. https://profile.microsoft.com
Teaching and Lecturing
01. Worked as a visiting lecturer (Talent Computer institute) for the following courses.(“Computer hardware engineering” and “Internet systems”)
02. Worked as an internal lecturer/network engineer for MMAAS Academy, Colombo 03.
Professional Experiences and Career Highlights
01. Worked as a computer Hardware Technician at “Nilus Computer Systems (Pvt.) Ltd”.
02. Successfully completed the project of “Automating Tax Department” of “Maharagama urban council”.
03. Worked as a computer Hardware Engineer in “Microvision Technologies”. (Homagama.)
04. Worked as a computer Hardware Engineer at PC House (pvt) ltd. (Field engineering division—corporate head office, Colombo 03)
05. Possessor -Orayan Computer Systems
06. Worked as a Web Developer at SriLankan Airlines -USA, Canada & Caribbean.
07. Software Engineer at Cargills Ceylon PLC.
08. Teambinder Support Executive @ EDM systems (pvt.) Limited
09. SEO Consultant @ Kwasi Studios (pvt.) Limited, Adelaide- South Australia.